Monday, May 10, 2021

May 10, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Pet Scan.

This morning at 7:30 Kashina drove me to check in for my latest Pet scan. I have had so many of these scans that the technitians know me by name. And they know that I am either just going away of has just arrive home to Mississippi. They laugh. And they wish they could live my life but without the cancer in their bones. I know the drill but I do not really enjoy having a scan. I put up with them because they tell alot of what is happening inside of me without intrusive procedures. Today Dr. Sheehan was pleased. My scan was unchanged from the last one in late March. For an Oncologist, this is good. Nothing has grown to new parts of my body and the cancer that is still present on ribs in my back have not getten bigger. The plan is to continue taking Ibrance until I return. Then have another scan on October 4. On the phone last week I mentioned to my friend Butch that when I turn 90, I just might refuse to have another scan. He demurred and suggested that when I get to be 100 would the time to stop having any more scans. Todays report is definately not bad although I was hoping to stop Ibrance and see a clear scan. But Dr. Sheehan reports the scan a success. I might as well agree with her.

No comments: