Thursday, May 20, 2021

May 20, 2021. San Antonio, Texas. The Bungalow

In the listing it was called The Guest House. But when I was here last September and looked at the Guest House I suggested that when David and Suzanne were going to be living there during the renovation process they could no longer call it The Guest House. So we renamed it The Tiny House. And so it remained. When Abigail first saw the new house, she claimed the Guest House as her bedroom. Everyone was happy. Sarah was in the third floor bedroom along with a bathroom they newly installed while the twins had a bedroom and a bath each on the second floor. All was well. The backyard is still under construction which means a difficult walk from the house so I was installed in Allisons room while she is sleeping in David's office on the third floor. I was happy. During our drive, Abigail several times referred to the bungalow as the place she waould be living.. I did not saw a word but the Tiny House is definately not a bungalow. After dinner while sitting in the TV talking I asked Abigail why she was calling The Tiny House the bungalow, because I said, it is not a bungalow. Abigail responded by telling me that The Tiny House was not actually tiny, which would be true. So she refused to use the term The Tiny House for her room. She preferred living in The Bungalow. We had a lively discussion. Allison read out from the dictionary the defination of a bungalow, which starts out with a front porch. Ultimately I convinced Abigail that her room was definately not a bungalow. It has no porch and it does have a garage. She finally agreed not to call it a bungalow. After much discussion, we decided to name it Abby's Room. Now we will see if it sticks.

No comments: