Sunday, May 9, 2021

May 9, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Mother's Day.

We never go to a restaurant on Mother's Day. The places are too crowded because everyone takes their Mothers out for a meal. Today starting at Brunch, the restaurants were jammed. Kashina and her fsmily waited two and a half hours to be seated this afternoon. Chris my Lyft driver took her Mother out for dinner yesterday just to avoid the crowds. He reported today that the parking lots at all the restaurants he passed were full of cars so he was feeling pleased that he splurged on his mother yesterday. We planned ahead. Christina purchased chicken salad and bagels from the bagel store. We sat in our quiet spot on the back porch at Linda's home overlooking the back yard and pool. Linda is Christina's mother so it was perfect that all three girls and both mothers had lunch together. We also ate potato chips, which I never buy but always enjoy. Lovely little petite fours were served for dessert but I declined. I am not eating sugar. Our lunch was delicious and delightful. We were feeling pleased with ourselves with our decision. I feel grateful that I have two daughter in laws who are wonderful mothers for my 7 granddaughters. And of course, I have always been grateful for my own mother and grandmother who set an example of hard work and joyous living for me. Mothers's Day is a good time to say the gratitude out loud. In Mississippi, we celebrated Mother's Day in style with no crowds and no fuss or muss, all thanks to Christina. Hats off to her.

No comments: