Sunday, May 16, 2021

May 16, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Delightful Dinners.

Every night this week I have been eating delicious dinners. Most people would object to eating these dinners because evevy day the food was the same. But I enjoyed them all. Ken enjoyed leftover food but never the same day in a row. I on the other hand have no problem eating the same meal day after day. Odd but true. The controls for my ovens are high so I can not tell the tempratures on the ovens. I do not wish to stand on a stool so every so often I ask Kashina to take two vegetable and one type of meat from the freezer. She has no problem getting up and down on the stool so on Tuesday she cooked two types of vegetables plus three small racks of ribs, left over from our barbecue at Easter. She selected a box of carrotts and creamed spinich. It turned out to be a good combination. When heating the food, the house smelled so good that I ate my dinner at noon, just as they do in Nova Scotia. I ate three barbecued ribs plus carrotts and creamed spinich. It tasted delicious. For the rest of the week I ate the same meal partly because I wanted the cooked food finished before I left for Texas next Wednesday and partly because it was easy. Lethergy has it's own reward. All week I enjoyed the same meal. Now all I have left is a small amount of carrotts. Tomorrow I am going out for lunch with my neighbor Donna and Tuesday evening Christina will bring dinner from Amerigo to have dinner with David and Abigail. I am set. I will not need to cook until I leave for the summer. Hurrah.

No comments: