Saturday, May 22, 2021

May 22, 2021. San Antonio, Texas. The New House.

Last evening around 5:30, Suzanne received a call from Bonnie asking if David and Suzanne had any plans fo the evening. Bonnie just came in from her beautiful garden loaded down with fresh vegetables. She suggested they pool their resources and have dinner together. Wade and Bonnie are good friends and I was delighted to get to se them. So over they came. The new house worked perfectly with company and family. Allison was not feeling well and was resting in bed while Abigail and Sarah had gone to Austin for the weekend so we had Samantha, David & Suzanne, Bonnie & Wade and me for dinner. The kitchen has a wide island with 5 stools. The space beterrn the island and the fridge and stove is wide so 2 people can work with their backs to each other. The kitchen is open to the TV room. I sat in the TV room on the couch while Bonnie, Suzanne and Samantha worked preparing the dinner. Wade and David sat at each end on the bar stools and could talk to the ladies and to me. The space is perfect when peparing food as well as entertaining. I was pleased to see the kitchen in operation. We ate dinner in the dining room. We ate the fresh vegetables straight from Bonnies garden. She sauteed the vegetables and were delicious. She also made a salad from her garden. And we ate a baked potato and sausages. Spur of the moment dinners are often the best. After dinner we watched hockey and ate ice cream. I enjoyed the company and I enjoyed the food. Lucky me.

No comments: