Monday, May 17, 2021

May 17, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Pelican Cove.

Pelican Cove is a casual restaurant overlooking the reservoir. Boat owners can alo fill up with gas and when the weather is good, the boat slips are full of people having lunch or dinner. Over the years, Ken and I had had lunch there many times. But I had not been there this season so Donna and I went there for lunch to celebrate our last lunch before I depart. The food has always been good but they have made improvements to the place. The deck has been screened. Today the weather was perfect temperature for outdoor dining so Donna and I sat on the deck at the edge of the railing and enjoyed watching the ducks and geese and listened to the rain when it came. In addition they added clear plastic along with the screen. We had a perfect situation. We could see the water and listen to the rain but we had no bugs and no dripping rain. Until recently in order to stay bug free and dry you were forced to dine inside. I ate a shrimp wrap which was delicious. And Donna ate a shrimp basket which she enjoyed. The lst time I was there I ate red bens and rice along with sausage but it was nowhere to be found on the menu. I was happy with my shrimp wrap. It was full of shrimp along with tomatoes and lettuce with a tasty sauce putting it all together. Pelican Cove is the closest restaurant to our home and I was delighted to know that they are doing well and even making improvements. I was pleased to have lunch there today. One other note was perhaps a sign of the times. The waitress had her young daughter helping. She seemed to be about 7 and was charming and pleasant. Donna and I noted that she had specific tasks. She always brought menus when you sat down. And she always brought the bill at the end. Restaurant owners are having great difficulty hiring wait staff so now that school is out, the mothers may begin to bring their daughters to work. I wonder.

No comments: