Monday, May 3, 2021

May 3, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Thermostats.

I never touched the thermostats in our houses. Ken was more sensitive to heat and cold so I early learned to leave thermostats to Ken. If I felt that the house was chilly, I put on a shirt or sweater. If I was too hot I wore shorts. And Ken was always opening and closing windows, trying to get fresh air into the house. Ken was always skinny so he got cold easily. In recent years, before Ken showered he turned up the thermostat in the bathroom and bedroom so the room would be warm. So since 1958, I have left thermostats to Ken. I never touched them. But now I am required to change the thermostats all by myself. And I do not like it. If fact, I only change the thermostats when absolutely necessary. Just last week I switched the three thermostate to air conditioning. Christina switcher hers over a month ago and had thrned it off several times. And even though we have had a few chilly days, I will not swith back to heat. I have no idea why I have this attitude to thermostats. But somehow or another I must be intiminated. I do know that my systems in the house will be on air conditioning until I return in October even if the weather seems chilly. Wierd but true.

No comments: