Friday, May 7, 2021

May 7, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. New Phone.

I changed my mind. Christina reminded me that I would soon be travelling and my old phone would not last all day without plugging it in, which was true. And since the young man told me I did not need a new phone because I had no trouble with the battery I bagan noticing that I was plugging my phone in twice every day. And then the power went out and without my neighbors battery pack I would have been out of power in my phone so I decided to buy a new phone. And I did. Chris my Lyft driver took me to a small AT&T store adjacent to the Krogers where I had my vaccine shots, the same place where the kind young man told me I did not need a phone. I was well looked after, with a young lady and the same young man attending to my every needs. And I bought a new phone, an iphone 12. The young lady recommended a phone with a home button, which is just like my old one. It still has all the bells and whistles plus the longer battery life but it is easier to use. I understand it is a bit more expensive but evidently older people like me prefer the olf look. While I waited they transferred my data and upgraded the phone. I tradedn in my old phone and they wiped off everything in my old one. While I was there I bought a new case for my phone because a corner of the old one had broken. And I bought a power pack so I will be prepared for the next event with no power. It is set ready to take with me to Nova Scotia. My grandchildren will be proud of me because I have gotten modern!!

No comments: