Wednesday, May 12, 2021

May 12, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Journey.

Finally, the puzzle pieces are in place. My trip to Texas and then on to Nova Scotia was put in place several months ago but things changed. David suggested I drive with him and Abigail to San Antonio so my flight needed to be cancelled. The airline changed flight times which meant I was unable to make the connections. And the Canadian governmant still requires returning passengers to isolate at the airport for three days in order to obtain another covid test. I waited until now to await the change of rules but to no avail. Today finally, all is well. Much to my surprise, American Airlines is giving me a credit for my flight to San Antonio, something in the past was never done. Now I fly to Dallas on June 30 and lay over for 2 hours, then fly to Toronto. For 3 nights, I will stay at the ALT hotel at the airport where I must be isolating in my room. Meals will be delived to my room, left outside my door. Of course, picking up a heavy tray from the floor will be difficult if not impossible for me. The rules are crazy. I am not allowed to walk on the hall outside my door but after calling the front desk I am allowed to walk outside. Interesting. My last leg will be on July 4 when I fly to Halifax where Mr. Jim will drive me home to Western Head. I am set with all pieces in place, at least for the moment. David and Abigal will arrive from Greenville, N.S. to stay the night, driving in Abigail's truck pulling a small trailer. The next day we three will drive to San Antonio where I will get to see the furnished new home. I am looking forward to seeing my Texas family. Now I am ready.

No comments: