Wednesday, May 19, 2021

May 19, 2021. San Antonio, Texas. We Did It.

Our drive from Madison to San Antonio was splendid. David drove most of the way except for one 2 hour period when Abigail drove. David was intending to drive south to highway 10 then go west into San Antonio but fortunately he checked the weather report before we left home. !3 inches of rain fell yesterday and Highway 10 was flooded and more heavy rain and storms were forecast along the coast. So we came west out of Jackson and had fine weather all the way. Abigail slept in the back seat for a good part of the trip. And we brought our breakfast and lunch into the car so we made good time. We left at 7:00 and arrived just past 5:30. And we had a good time. This is a journey I have made many times so I enjoyed every minute. All the girls are here and are happy to be together. Our dinner was joyful. Because none of the girls were home for Mother's Day, after dinner while we were still sitting at the dining table, they gave Suzanne her gifts, sone of which they made themselves. One gift was a book made of pictures of the girls over the years which included other family members. It was sweet. In addition, they gave her a tiny music box, which played the song that Suzanne always sang when the girls were ill. It was sweet and funny all at the same time. Somehow or another I thought that the coming weekend was Memorial weekend but I was wrong so I will stay in San Antonio all next week. Then we will go to the lake where I will stay. So all next week I will enjoy their lovely new home. I am delighted to be in San Antonio with all four girls along with Suzanne and David. So far I am having a wonderful time and I am so pleased to be here. And I feel fortunate too.

No comments: