Tuesday, May 18, 2021

May 18, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Driving to Texas.

I have not taken a car trip for several years. But tomorrow I am looking forward to driving with David and Abigail to San Antonio. They are making good progress from Greenville, S.C. and now are just passing Birmingham so they expect to be here by 3:30. Christina, Kate and Molly will bring dinner from Amerigo so we will get to have a visit, a good dinner, then off to bed early so we will get an early start. Our plan is to have a cup of coffee, then drive for a couple of hours before we stop for breakfast. Unfortunately, Mary Frances is working at the coffee shop so can not join us. Ken and I have taken many many car trips. All our life we have been going or coming, driving the whole of North America. We have made the trip from Texas to Mississippi many times but we always stayed overnight, stopping for dinner and a night in a nice hotel. The journey from the farm to Texas or Mississippi we took multiple times. And we enjoyed every trip. Then we got weary of the journey and started flying which was when we bought the Escape, where we drove frome one place to the other. But now I fly everywhere. My only car excursions are with friend David who takes me out for a Sunday afternoon drive in Nova Scotia. But tomorrow I will enjoy my drive with David and Abigail. I am all set with my bag and back pact ready to load on the truck. Tomorrow evening I will be writing my wee web log from San Antonio, God willing and if the creek does not rise!!

No comments: