Monday, May 31, 2021

May 31, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. The Quiet House.

At 10:30, the first 2 young people left for home. They organixed their belongings and left quickly, one back to Austin and the other for a flight to Denver where he works as an satelight engineer. By noon they were all gone except Sarah and Liz who were driving to Houston, each in their own vehicle. Sarah starts her internship at the law firm tomorrow while Liz returns to her job working in he softwear business. They left just after 1:00. Samantha went to work this afternoon so for our late lunch we were down to a small group of Allison and boyfriend Simon, Abigail, David, Suzanne and me. The house was quiet. But not as quiet as it is now. We ate our dinner at 2:00 so they would not be in the midst of Memorial Day traffic. After doing the last time organizing, they all left at 3:30 and I was by myself. The house felt as if was a ghost house. Now I am used to the quiet. And tonight I watched hockey. David gave me a sesson with thir fancy TV so I was able to minulate the remote and find the games. Much to my surprise, Toronto lost the game and lost the series. Everyone said they were the better team but Montreal won the series. Now this week I will be by myself where I will again get used to living in a quiet house. Friday they will return because on Saturday Suzanne and David will host a graduation party for Abigail. Once again I will enjoy seeing new people. I am looking forward.

No comments: