Saturday, May 8, 2021

May 8, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Abigail Ruth Dickie.

This evening, Abigail graduated from Furman University, which is just outside Greenville, South Carolina.. I am so proud of her. The graduation was held on the football field with the chairs for the students well set apart. The weather was perfect so the event proceeded as planned. I even heard her name called out by the Dean and watched her walk across the stage. Modern communication is wonderful. Now she is set for her next adventure. David and Suzanne along with Allison and Samantha attended the event. Sarah has exams next week so was not able to be present. She along with me watched on the video. And we cheered. Abigail deserves extran cheers. She is dislexic so reading for her is difficult and slow. But working so hard for success will stand her in good stead throughout her life. She has always had great spunk and energy. At no time did she complain or feel sorry for herself. She just worked hard. And now she has graduated from Furman University, a very good small school. David and Suzanne are especially pleased for Abigail to have received her degree, which is in Psychology and Business. Now she is taking a gap year and will work and ski in Colorado, beginning June 16. I wish her well. She is a charming, energetic young lady and I love her dearly. I wish my parents would see their greatgranchildren's success. This evening would give them great joy. I feel fortunate to have Abigail Ruth Dickie in my life as my granddaughter.

No comments: