Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May 25, 2021. San Antonio, Texas. The Backyard.

Right now the whole backyard looks like a war zone. Every part of the back yard has been torn up. David and Suzanne are ready to have the mud gone. The dogs too. Tomorrow there will be a big concrete pour. The retaining wall and paths will be installed. Next week the patios and remaining paths will receive the concrete pour. Of course, this all is dependant on the rain. Mostly San Antonio is dry. But this year it has rained day after day. The men can not work when it rains and the concrete can not b poured during a rain. So the project has dragged on...and on...and on. The plan looks wonderful. There will be paths all around the yard with an outside kitchen complete with water and electricity. A pergola will be build on the area of the outside kitchen. The contractor assured David today that once the concrete is poured and the pergola built, the bringing the top soil and the plantings will go quickly. They hope so because they have always enjoyed their back yard. Unfortunately, rain is forecasted for tomorrow so the pouring of the concrete may be delayed. Everything with this project has been delayed due to the rain. When it is finished, the backyard will be beautiful and as they expect to live here in this lovely house for many years, a few extra months will not matter. Suzanne and David are ready for it to be done. I feel sure that all will not be completed by the time I leave on June 30. Progress has been made since my arrival last Wednesday and by the time I leave I hope to be able to walk the paths. Right now walking around is impossible for me but I am hoping to explore after the concrete has been poured. I do love projects so am happy to see it before everything is pretty and plantings in place. But I will also enjoy the finished product. I have faith!!

No comments: