Tuesday, October 11, 2022

October 11, 2022. Toronto, Ontario. Three Nights on the Train.

 Three nights on the train and no Internet.  We stopped for 50 minutes but it was dark and I needed to go into the station which was a long hike.  So I gave up.  Sorry.

The service on the train was excellent as was the food.  The dining was was a hit.  The young car was several cars away so I only went once.  Getting from one car to another was difficult for me.  Our cabins were the largest on the train but still pretty small.  The window was big and our bathroom was adequate.  So our accommodation was acceptable. But the trains rock and roll and jerks all over.  I took the train across Canada in 1953.  The tacks seem the same.

But we went for the view.  I loved watching the prairies with all the wheat all set for the winter.There is a lot of flat land in Canada.  In Ontario we saw the leaves.  And now we are in Toronto at the Fairmont Hotel.  Tomorrow we have a private tour to Niagara Falls and the wineries.  One more day and our journey will be complete.

No comments: