Friday, October 21, 2022

October 21, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. A Good Idea.

Why didn't I do this a year ago?  I started using a walker last April.  I use two: one small with three wheels that I use around the house and take  out in the car, and the larger sturdy walker that has a seat, which I use to carry food in the house.  Ken used that part of the walker all the time to carry objects around the house.  The walker I use has a soft seat so when I was carrying liquids, I could only carry one thing at a time.  When my foot hurt, walking was difficult.  The house is wide and I struggled to get all my meals to the TV room where I eat.

Last week, I wondered if my tray would fit on the walker.  Miss. Tomlinson gave me her hand painted tray, which I have only used for decoration.  Much to my surprise, that tray fit perfectly on the seat of the walker.  Now I have a firm carrying surface so when I carry breakfast into the living room, I can carry both my cup of tea and also by breakfast plate.  The system works beautifully.

My only question is why it took me so long to start using that tray?  It has been in my kitchen all along.  The answer is probably that I had no difficulty walking from one place to another in the past.  But when I returned for the summer and my foot was still hurting, getting around was difficult so I figured out an easier way.  My system works like a charm.  Whoopee. 

No comments: