Thursday, October 27, 2022

October 27, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. The Saga of My Ovens.

 In the summer of 2021, Peter and his daughter stayed in my house because of Covid.  Peter is Christina's younger brother and his daughters were at camp in Alabama.  But one of the girls got Covid and needed to leave the camp and isolate.  So Peter flew from Boston to pick up his daughter.  Christina asked if they could isolate at my house, which was empty.  I was in Nova Scotia.  He discovered that the ovens would not work.  Kashina had been using them just a few weeks before but now they would not work.  I did nothing until I got home.

Chantes, my handyman ordered the ovens.  But even though the measurements were correct, they would not fit into the space, so back it went.  Another oven was ordered to be ready in December.  But the ovens did not appear.  In February, I gave up on Chantes and contacted an appliance company.  Mr. Hains measured and ordered the ovens to be delivered in May.  No luck.  Next the ovens were to come July 11.  Again no ovens.  Mr. Hains and I were in touch regularly.  Every time he contacted the distributer to report that they were on the way.  The response was always that they were on back order.

Yesterday, October 26, Mr. Hains called to tell me that my ovens arrived and today at 9:00 my ovens came into the house and were installed by Mr. Hains and his son.  He was tickled pink to be installing those ovens.  He had 2 ovens ordered at Southern Appliances and they both arrived yesterday.  Now he can be paid.  It took over a year to get those ovens.  The supply chain is truly broken.

When my ovens could not work, I bought a toaster oven which has served me well.  The new ones are much better than the old ones of 25 years ago.  But now I have two fancy ovens in the kitchen in addition to my spiffy toaster oven.  I am truly a modern madam.

No comments: