Sunday, October 30, 2022

October 30, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. The World Series.

 I have never really understood they call it The World Series because most of the world is not involved.  Only one team competes from Canada while all the other teams play in the US.  It should be called the North American Series.  Perhaps, major League Baseball thinks that the whole world is watching.  And maybe they are.  I for one am watching although I did not enjoy watching Houston lose the first game.  

I think I have paid attention to The World Series my whole life.  My father loved baseball and always listened to the games on the radio.  And of course, at Edith Cavell School in Vancouver my teachers in the 7th and 8th grades allowed us to listen to the games during the day time at school.  So I got hooked.  And this season,  I have enjoyed the playoffs leading up to the World Series.  Nothing better than watch the Houston Astros sweep the New York Yankees.  Now the Phillies are feeling frisky and will give the Astros the run for their money.  The series should go to 7 games.

And I am hoping the Astros win, if only to watch their manager Dusty Baker get his first World Championship trophy.  He is 73 and has done everything in baseball possible.  But he has never won a World Series.  So I am cheering for the Astros.  But it will not be easy because the Phillies are on a roll.  They have peaked at just the right time.  So we will see what  happens.  And here we go.  The third game is tomorrow in Philadelphia.  

No comments: