Thursday, October 20, 2022

October 20, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. The Weather.

When I returned yo Mississippi the temperature  at 6:30 was 76 degrees, which is close to perfect.  And it continued to do so for several days.  Clear and sunny every day with the temperature in the 70s.  Lovely weather.  But then it got chilly and I had to learn all my warm weather drills.  At night, the temperature had dropped to 35.  And during the day it was in the 50s.

I was forced to turn on the heat even though I knew that warm weather would come again.  I was cold so I asked Teresa, my cleaning lady to change all three thermostats.  And the heating  company will come tomorrow to check the systems for the season.  Tonight I put on Ken's big flannel night shirt as the TV room is cooler than the rest of the house.  During the day, I wear a light fleece jacket to keep me warm.  And I wore woolen socks when I went to my PET scan on Wednesday.  So I remembered how to keep warm in cold weather.

But tomorrow the warm air will come again.  Right now the temperature is 53 but early this morning it was 33.  Tomorrow will be a high of 83 with a low of 50.  I expect I will switch back to air conditioning although I hate to do it.  For some odd reason, I do not like to adjust the three thermostats.  Ken always dealt with the temperatures in the house so I am not used to dealing with them.  And my vision is not so good reading the little things.  I do not like to change those thermostats.  But I bet I am forced to do it.  Oh bother. 

No comments: