Wednesday, October 12, 2022

October 12, 2022. Toronto, Ontario. A Day in Niagara Falls.

We five drove to Niagara Falls today.   We were picked up at 9:00 and brought back to the hotel at 3:30 so it was a quick trip.  The other folks had never seen the falls and I had not been there for many years.  Once again, the weather was pleasant and the Falls were still spectacular as was the garden area.  The town itself has grown and is not very pretty.  But we had a delicious lunch so we enjoyed our day with our own driver.

At dinner tonight we ate our last supper at the steak house in the hotel.  It was festive and we all agreed that we enjoyed our train journey.  We toasted everything we had enjoyed.  But we all agreed that the Rocky Mountaineer was the best part of the journey.  I had not seen Butch for over ten years and I had never met Lynn, Larry and Margo, but we got along very well.  And we had a good time.

Our next trip together is when these four good folks come to Nova Scotia  to visit me.  I am saving the first two weeks of September for them.  I am looking forward to seeing them again.  The three indispensable folks were a huge help to me and I appreciated their help.  I just got lucky.  Tomorrow I will be home in Mississippi.  And I will be glad.

No comments: