Sunday, October 23, 2022

October 23, 2022. Madison, Mississippi.. Saturday.

I had a wonderful Saturday.  I watched two baseball games and talked to several people on the phone.  Most of the time,  Saturdays are slow days for me here in Mississippi.  I am always on my own.  My family and friends are busily involved with their family activities so I seldom have any visitors or lunches.   I always work hard to get things done.  And I look for something good on television.  My day yesterday on Saturday took the cake.

I decided to call people on the phone that I had not talked to recently.  First I chatted with Doreen and Don.  Actually I talked with Doreen and we had a pleasant conversation and found that they are both doing well.  Mid morning I called an old friend and manager, Barbara Stone.  We exchange Christmas cards but we had not talked since I retired ten years ago.  She loves to travel so we talked travel.  It is now on her list to cruise the St.Lawrence River and Great Lakes, plus the Rocky Mountaineer. 

 Mid afternoon, I talked with friend Carolyn DeWolfe.  Her husband died about a year ago so is getting used to living alone.  I had not talked with her since the Spring.   We chatted for ages.  And we talked ancestors.  Her husband Tom was born and raised in Maine.  His ancestors arrived  in Maine in the 17th Century.  And they never moved so Carolyn had a wonderful time digging through his ancestors.  Next I spoke to friend Butch, who I talk to about once a month but not since I got home.  Finally I talked with Dave and Irene, my brother and sister in law because I had not spoken with them since I returned to Mississippi.  

And of course, I love baseball.  So between talking on the phone and watching baseball I was in hog heaven.  I had a wonderful day.

No comments: