Saturday, October 22, 2022

October 22, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My New Plan.

My doctor appointments have been completed.  Now I have a new plan to keep me walking and talking for a bit longer.

There is no plan for my eyes.  They are not going to get better so I live with them.  And am grateful for the vision I have right now.

The neurologist prescribed a new medication for my neuropathy body.  I take the pill just before bedtime because it causes drowsiness.  It is supposed to help with neuropathy pains.  So far, I have taken one pill.  After two weeks, if I am not getting substantially better,  I am supposed to take two each night.  But I do not think that I will ever do it.  I will stick with one.  The young neurologist said it would help.  We will see.

My Oncologist has switched chemotherapy.  Starting last evening, I take one pill every night before bedtime.  And I am taking a different hormone.  My old one did not seem to get the job done of suppressing the estrogen.  I must take that pill with some food, which I do last thing at night with a couple of crackers.

My geriatric doctor is not alarmed with my diabetes number.  The number is fairly normal for my age, according to her.  The neurologist, who is young, was alarmed.  She is my primary care doctor, so we have decided to give it 8 weeks and check my numbers again.  I will become a purist and not eat any sugar.  And limit pasta and bread.   And we will will hope for the best.

And that is my plan.  New meds.  Eliminate sugars.  And enjoy my life.  I certainly will not worry about my health.  I feel better already.

No comments: