Wednesday, October 19, 2022

October 19, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Update on My Health

 First I saw my eye doctor.  The good news was my eye had not gotten any worse, which is good.  The bad thing is that I have terrible vision.  But I can see.

Next I saw a new neurologist.  And yes.  I have a bad case of neuropathy, actually called poly neuropathy because I have it everywhere in my body.  The good thing is that she has prescribed medication which should help with the pain.  She also ran blood work to check for diabetes because of several symptoms.  Sure enough, my numbers are 8.1, which she said needs to be checked.  She does not treat that disorder so I must go to my primary care doctor for further discussion.  I will pick up the meds on Friday for the neuropathy.  It was ready today but I ran out of time with my helper.

Today I had a PET scan.  Ibrance is no longer working for me.  All the lesions have gotten bigger and brighter since the last scan, which is not good.  This summer, I felt that the cancer in my back ribs had not gone away because I had difficulty sitting on a wooden dining chair.  Also the cancer in the liver is double in size.  So we are switching chemotherapy and hormone.  I will see the oncologist in 8 weeks to see if the new therapy is working.  No scan at that time.  Just blood work.  So here we go onto new therapies.

My foot apparently had no involvement with the bones.  The wound is still not totally healed.  And it still hurts.  I had one day with no pain in my foot.  But it came back again.  I have no idea why it hurts so much.  But it does.

The truth is that I am falling apart.  But I am 84 and am still walking and talking.  And not complaining.  She here we go.

No comments: