Friday, October 28, 2022

October 28, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. The First Baking.

There is something special about the first time of anything.    So today was a big day in my household.  Portia used the new ovens.  Since they were installed on Thursday morning, I have admired them but today I was delighted to have put them to use.  Portia baked a crab and cheese pie.  The pie was too big for the toaster oven so I have been wanting to bake it for ages.  Up until today, it stayed in the freezer.    Today was the day.  Portia figured out how to operate the oven and she set the timer too.  It smelled delicious during baking.  And it turned out looking beautiful.  The oven works.

For lunch today we ate a piece of crab pie and a salad, made by Portia.  And we both congratulated the oven for doing such a good job.  As you can tell, it does not take much to pleases me.  Often the little things give great pleasure.  Today was no exception.  After a year with no ovens, I was quietly delighted to be eating a pie baked in my own oven.  It was a red letter day for me.  

No comments: