Monday, October 17, 2022

October 17, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Portia.

I have a new helper.  Her name is Portia.  And I like her.  My former helper of several years has moved to Texas, temporarily I think, but she is not here to help me now,  so I asked the same company to recommend a new helper for me.  They suggested Portia.  And I am pleased with their choice. 

She is younger than Kashina at 28 years old.  And she is tall and husky.  She played center on her high school basketball team.  She is a certified nursing assistant, which means 2 years of college.  And she is busy trying to get accepted into the last two years of college to become a nurse.  So she is ambitious, which pleases me.  

And she is smart.  I gave her verbal instructions for the coffee maker.  It requires a five steps which must be done in the correct order.  She made my breakfast team with no trouble.  Portia is also a good driver, which is important to me.  Many of the helpers who drove me when Ken was ill drove too fast.  Even when I asked them to slow down they did not totally follow my instructions.  But Portia is a good driver.  And she has a great smile.  So far, we have had fun together.  I look forward to two months of working with her.  And I am grateful the company selected her to help me.  I think she will fit me very well.  Whoopee.

No comments: