Thursday, October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022. Lake Loise, Alberta. The Indispensable Three.

This trip with the five of us was not planned.  It evolved.  And has worked out very well for me.  Lynn, Larry and Margo have become indispensable to me.

It started out as a conversation.  On the phone, I was cajoling Butch to do something.  Due to illness and Covid,  my friend Butch had done nothing for the past three years.  He was living in Annapolis by him self doing nothing and going nowhere.  I asked Butch what he would like to do and he said that he would like to take the train across Canada.  And he agreed to take the trip if I found such a trip.  So I found out the journey and we both booked our reservation.

Butch asked his brother , Larry and wife Lynn whether their daughter Margo would consider coming with him  Butch was anxious about traveling  with just me, who had health issues of my own.  So they asked Margo who said yes.  In addition, Larry and Lynn suggested that they might like to accompany us.  I was asked about the idea.  I thought it would be a fine idea.  This was 18 months ago.  I felt that we would have a good time but I did not realize how important these three able bodied adults would be to me.  But they are.

They help me in every direction.  These hotels are huge so they help me find my room.  And Margo and Lynn set up my room and turn on all the lights and find the plugs.  And as I now use a walker, I am unable to carry my bags by myself so they bring me and my bags in the morning to meet the bus.  My vision is limited so either Margo or Lynn hold onto my walker to keep me going to the correct direction.  Plus a million other things every day.

I had no idea when we planned this train journey how important these three adults would be to me.  But they are.  And for all their assistance I am grateful.  In addition, we are having a grand time.

No comments: