Sunday, October 2, 2022

October 2, 2022. Vancouver, British Columbia. What a Day.

 My day began by eating breakfast in my hotel room.  I always enjoy this luxurious event.  

Next item on my agenda was having lunch with nephew Kenny, wife Anne, grown children Eric and Elise and Anne's brother Robert, who I had never met before.  We at in the hotel, just keep it easy.  It was a wonderful event, getting to know Robert and seeing the children again.  I had last seen them in Ancaster at Dave's 90th birthday.  I am so impressed with our young people who are working hard in their chosen fields and are still doing interesting activities outside work.  These young people are impressive.  Robert is blind and finding out how he gets through his life in his independent way is equally impressive.  We met at 12:30.  And we left at 4:15.  I did enjoy being with these good folks.

Then our happy group of five had dinner together at an excellent restaurant two blocks away.  We walked there which was the only time I had any time in my day to take a walk.  Lynn paid the bill which pleased me because I did not take my purse.  The food was excellent and the piano player was quiet.  And we had a good time.  Now we are set for tomorrow for the train which begins tomorrow.  But today was a hit.

No comments: