Saturday, October 1, 2022

October 1, 2022. Vancouver, British Columbia. Getting Stuck.

We are all five in Vancouver, ready to get on the train on Monday.  But this morning I got stuck getting out of my room at the hotel.  I asked when checking in on Friday how I could get over to the airport.  It is not a long walk but now that I must use the walker, I thought I needed help.  But the hotel has no staff to help me.  They used a cart to take my stuff to my room so I wondered if I could push the cart myself with my walked on top of the bags.  So I did.  This morning I loaded my bags on the cart with the walker on the top.  And I headed out to check in with Air Canada for my direct flight to Vancouver..

But I did not get far.  As I was going out the door, the walker slipped off the cart.  I was at the back of the cart and my walker was at the front with the cart jammed in the door.  I tried my best but I could not get anything to budge.  Finally, I called the front desk.  The young lady came to my rescue.  And I was on the way, but not with a little trauma.

The walk is not far but with the heavy cart, the walk seemed long.   And with no warning, I was walking on a down slope that I could not control.  I ran into a railing on purpose to control my speed but a lady noticed and asked if she could help.  So even though she was going in the opposite direction, she accompanied me all the way to the Air Canada check in counter.  So I made it with no more trouble.  Next time I will ask for help right from the beginning.  But I made it to Vancouver and our happy group of 5 are all here, ready to rest  tomorrow.  Hurrah for us.

No comments: