Sunday, January 1, 2023

January 1, 2023. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. A Brand New Year.

Now we have a brand new year.  A clean slate on which we can write our activities, both big and small.  When I began my wee web log when I turned 70, Sarah Toppins set me up.  And I have been at it ever since.  My intention was to provide information for my granddaughters.  After all, all they know of us is as older people who travel around.  But they never knew how we got there.  So I wrote it down, bit by bit.  They may never read it years after I am gone, but if they are interested, there it is.  

This started when I was reading a short letter written by my Grandma Houghton.  She referred to her train trip to Ottawa to live with her daughter, my Aunt Miriam.  She was delighted to be bringing only one small trunk.  Now I knew my Grandmother well.  But I never asked her enough questions.  There were lots of questions I would have asked but never did.  Now if my ancestors want to know how Ken and I got from being poor to not being poor they can find out.

My intention was to keep my blog for ten years but when I turned 80, my friends and family asked me to keep on going, if for no reason then they knew I was alive and well.  So now I am beginning a new year of Rambling With Ruth. I know it is not profound and it certainly is not political, but it tells my family and friends a bit about my present life, a life that I enjoy.  So here we go together into 2023.  

No comments: