Tuesday, January 17, 2023

January 17, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Rosa.

Rosa is my friend.  I first saw her sitting by the pool surrounded by other ladies all speaking Italian.  The developer of Playa Royale and Paradise Village was of Italian descent who lived in Vancouver.  When he was first developing the resort, he advertised to Italians who lived in Canada.  So the place was full of Canadians who were from Italy.  Rosa was one of those people. She and her husband bought three units in Tower 4.  They have always stayed here for at least 4 months.  

I got to know her when she was trying to swim.  I offered to help and from then on, we have been friends. In the early years she would introduce me as her swimming teacher.  But I never sat with her under her palapa by the pool.  But then Ken was ill and Rosa brought us food, cooked by herself, which we enjoyed and appreciated.  Then Ken died and the first year I was here by myself, she invited me to sit with her under her palapa.  I have been sitting talking with her by the pool ever since.  By now the group of Italian ladies were gone.

This year Rosa came to visit me in my condo.  I am trying to limit my walking to allow my foot wound to heal.  Unfortunately, Rosa was not doing so well.  She had a difficult summer health wise.  And she is living in their unit in Tower 1.  She was anxious and fearful.  But this week two of her daughters came to stay with her for a week.  And another daughter will be here soon to stay with her all of February and March.  Soon I will visit her by the pool.  She is struggling with the whole business of getting old.  Perhaps I could help.  We will see.  

No comments: