Sunday, January 15, 2023

January 15, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Kathy and Ted.

This morning, Kathy and Ted came to visit me.  They are good friends who I met in 2017.  When Don and Doreen were here, Don got to know Ted in the hot tub.  Over dinner, Don told Ken and me that we needed to meet Ted and Kathy because they live in the summer in Mings Bite, Newfoundland.  And they live in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba the rest of the year.  So we invited them for sunset food and a glass of wine.  We enjoyed their company and over the time here that year, we saw them several times.

The next year, Ken was ill in the hospital and Kathy and Ted helped.  They visited Ken and we switched off in the hospital.  They brought me dinners.  They were like ministering angels.  And we became fast friends.  That summer, they visited us in Nova Scotia and brought Ted's grandchildren.  And they visited me again after Ken died.  During that visit they brought me a beautiful wooden bowl, made by Ted's brother.  That bowl sits on my coffee table along with the loon in Nova Scotia.

I love visiting Kathy and Ted.  They have a huge amount of information about the area here in Mexico.  They are much more sociable than me and they go out more so I always learn things.  For instance, they told Wendy all about buying a Mexican phone, which Ken and Wendy will get tomorrow.  Today we caught up with their purchase of a new home in Newfoundland.  And they may even drive down to visit me in Nova Scotia this summer.  They will be staying 5 months this winter in Playa Royale.  The Manitoba winters must really be severe.  They are good friends and I loved visiting with them today. 

No comments: