Wednesday, January 18, 2023

January 18, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Mt Days.

My days in Mexico are quiet but pleasant.  Wendy prepares my breakfast and we sit either on the balcony or the living room, depending on the temperature.  If it is below 75, we eat inside.  Today I ate a bowl of oatmeal.  Yesterday I ate an egg and half an avocado plus some cantaloupe.  Ken goes to secure a palapa shortly after 9, then Wendy joins him around 10:30.  Then I look at my e mails before I do my leg exercises.  And I do a bit of walking in the condo.  Then I read.

In the past, when I walk a lot, my wound hurts and gets red so I have tried to limit my walking to allow my foot to heal.  But my foot has been looking good with no swelling or redness at all.  And it was not hurting.  But two days ago I increased walking.  Yesterday my wound hurt and I went back to Tylenol every four hours.  And this evening when Wendy changed the bandage, the foot was red all around it.  Grrr.

Wendy and Ken come up for lunch, which Wendy prepares which we eat on the balcony.  We are trying to limit carbohydrates but I eat a tasty and nourishing lunch.  I put my feet up and take a nap after Wendy and Ken go back to the palapa on the beach.   I read again then drink my orange drink.  And we watch the sunset.  Ken prepares dinner which we enjoy sitting on the balcony.  After night falls, we watch an hour of a program on the television.  We have been enjoying Fake or Fortune.  Tonight we watched half of the movie, Swimmers on Netflix.  

Then I write my blog before going to bed.  I have been enjoying the Australian Open both when I go to bed and early in the morning.  So my days are quiet but enjoyable.  I am enjoying myself here with Wendy and Ken here at Playa Royale in Mexico.

No comments: