Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January 3, 2023. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Mayapan.

For a change we ate out at a restaurant.   The place was at the resort, overlooking the Pacific Ocean so it is a lovely place to dine.  And their food is good too although this is the first time this season we have dined there.  In the past, Ken and I had dined there many times and the last time we were all at the Villa six years ago we all ate our last supper at the Mayapan.    

I have been trying not to walk too far because when I wear a shoe or slipper my foot gets red and sore.  But the restaurant is not too far so I decided I could walk that far.  Tomorrow when Wendy changes my bandage we will see what has happened with a little walk.  The good thing is that my wound does not hurt when I walk which is a good thing.  In addition, Wendy put a seat cushion to protect my back from the hard chair.  So I did well getting to the restaurant and sitting at the table.

The service was excellent which for Mexico was unusual.  I ate an appetizer of mushrooms and refried beans, which was very Mexican.  It comes with hot sauce but as I do not like hot things, the chef left off the hot sauce.  I ate every bit.  For my main meal I ate salmon served over avocado.  Wendy ate mahi mahi while Ken ordered pork, which he said was tasty but tough.  This restaurant has a beautiful setting and we enjoyed our dinner out of doors watching the sunset.   We all agreed that La Isla is still our favorite restaurant.  We will see if I can walk from Playa to dine there.  If not, Wendy will bring food back to me, which they have been doing ever since we arrived.

  But I enjoyed our dinner out in the real world. We might even do it again.

No comments: