Monday, January 2, 2023

January 2, 2023. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. My Status.

CHEMO;  To be sure that my new chemotherapy no longer played havoc with my glucose, she prescribed me a half dosage.  So I am taking half the amount I was taking in Mississippi.  All seems to be well with my chemo.  Of course I do not know if it is doing anything with my breast cancer.  I will find that out when I have a PET scan when I return to Mississippi.

GLUCOSE; My numbers are acceptable to my doctor.  This week all under 200.  I have noted that when I eat no carbs, my numbers are lower so I am eating no carbs right now.  Last evening I ate a light taco which is beef wrapped in lettuce.  Wendy pricks my finger every other day and checks my level.  

FOOT WOUND;  My wound is still there but much smaller.  It is about the size of an pencil erasure.  The wound service told me to use the silver aquacel every other day and cover the wound with a bandage.  First Alana and then Wendy, my wound is changed every other day.  And it looks good.  But when I walk wearing a shoe or a slipper, the area around the wound gets red so I must limit walking.  Progress has been made.

So I am doing well here in the warmth of Mexico.  I am not doing much.  But I am enjoying myself, which I  think contributes to my health.  Wendy makes sure I eat healthy food and brings me all my meals.  I live in the lap of luxury thanks to Wendy and Ken.  And I am doing well.

No comments: