Thursday, January 12, 2023

January 12, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Editing.

 Editing your own writing is a difficult task, especially for me with my terrible vision.  Sometimes, it takes me longer to correct my errors than it does for me to write the blog.  That is why writers hire other people to edit their writing.  When I re read something I have written, my brain automatically corrects the same error.

At work, Susan W. was a superb editor.  She was of course an excellent real estate agent but in addition, she would edit any piece that I thought was important.  She  edited the piece just to be kind. I would correct my errors.  I would have other people check for errors.  And finally, I would ask Susan to check the piece before it went to press.  Much to my chagrin, she always found errors.  She was a terrific editor.  

Not too long ago, when I was with Suzanne, my daughter in law, I asked her to check my blog and she did. She completed the task in a fraction of the time it took me.  So now, whenever I have some one else with me, I ask them to edit for me.  Here in Mexico, Wonderful Wendy has been checking my work just before we hit publish.  So if you find fewer errors, thank Wendy.  I don't call her Wonderful Wendy for nothing.

No comments: