Thursday, January 5, 2023

January 5, 2023 Nuevo Vallarta, Paradise Village. Carbohydrate.

In Mississippi, my glucose levels were below 200, which made the doctors happy.  But the first week in Mexico, my numbers rose to the lower 200, which did not please me.  And I had no idea why.  So after a week, Wendy and I decided to cut our carbs from my diet.  I became a purist.  I ate no carbohydrates.  No bread. No pasta. No tortillas. No potatoes. No chips.  For breakfast I ate cheese and avocado or oatmeal.  No carbs at all.   And I ate no sugar.

Sure enough my glucose levels went down.  Today it was 147 and all week it was below 200.  We are pleased.  And the doctors will be pleased.   So after my success, we started on a bit of carbohydrate.  After all, energy comes from carbs.  For supper tonight I ate a burrito and ate about half of the tortilla.  Many Mexican dishes are wrapped in tortillas so I was pleased to be able to eat Mexican food again.  Eating a taco wrapped in lettuce does not seem right.

So now the next time we check my numbers we will find out what happens,  I am supposed to check my glucose levers at least three times a week but it is easier to remember if we check every other day.  My foot bandage must be changed every other day so it is easier to keep track of what should be done today.  We will need to find out if I must be a purist with eliminating carbohydrates or if I can eat some every now and then.  So far, my routine has been a success.  Now we will see what happens next.

No comments: