Monday, July 10, 2023

July 10, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Don Cummings.

 Don has been a good friend to me since 1953 when my family moved to Toronto from Vancouver and joined the Danforth Corps of The Salvation Army.  Now he has passed away.  Don played in the band and was always part of the young people .  The youth group was active and we held many events.  And of course, Don was always involved.  Then time went on, we got a bit older, and Ken came into my life and Doreen into Don's life too.  So the four of us went out to many events together.

We spent many cups of tea in Don'e parents home.  Ken and Don both played hockey for the Danforth team in the Salvation Army league.  We four were good buddies.  When we lived over the hardware store where we had no shower, every Saturday night Ken and I went to watch the hockey game at their home, Ken always took a shower between periods.  And we never lost contact when we moved to Texas and then Maryland.

After Don and Doreen retired, we saw much more of them.  They visited us  at the farm.  And they came to Texas.  They even visited us several years in Mexico and Nova Scotia.  We were still good friends.  I will miss him.  But I have a host of happy memories both old and young.  He is still a good friend but now he has been Promoted to Glory.  RIP my friend Don.

No comments: