Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 13, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Best Laid Plans.

 Ian is Ken's first cousin.  Rita is his wife.  We are good friends.  They have spent time with us here in Nova Scotia many times but not since Ken died.  Today the were driving to visit me here.  They made it to New Brunswick  But Ian had a medical issue.  Today he found blood in his urine three times.  So son Sean, a doctor urged them to turn around and go directly to the hospital in Ottawa.  They are bitterly disappointed.  But what can you do?

For me, the GuestHouse has been cleaned.  and the fridge and pantry are ready for them.  The caterer  will bring three dinners tomorrow, which I will enjoy over the weekend.  So everything is ready.  But no one is coming.  I will speak to the caterer tomorrow morning.  I think she will bring two meals three times next week, so I can eat the same meal two days in a row.  I eat a better diet with Tinas dinners. rather than just fending for myself.    I also was looking forward to seeing them.  But it will not happen this year.  I wish Ian well.  

No comments: