Saturday, July 1, 2023

July 1, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Big Day.

 Chris and I had a full and happy day.   We started by eating breakfast at Lanes.  We intended to eat breakfast at Memories but the do not open until 10:00 so we switch to  planes.  Our breakfast was ample.  Next we drove to see Heather and Ross, the good folks who bought our cottage.   Their New Years card was returned because I sent it to the address instead of their post box in Milton.  As I knew I was coming, I decided to hand carry the card.  The cottage looks nothing like it used to be but it is splendid.  The whole place looks wonderful.  I drank a cup of tea but turned down a piece of lemon pie.

Next on our agenda after our visit with Heather and Ross was lunch at White Point.  Chris had not yet seen  White Point so he was duly impressed.  I ate fish tacos while Chris Kung Pow salad which he said had more spice then any other dish in Nova Scotia.  So we enjoyed our lunch.  After a nap for both of us, Gill joined us by eating dinner at Pauls, the Geman restaurant in town.  Hans is a good cook and we enjoyed our dinner.  That was the first time I have seen Gill this year so we were celebrating.  Our dinner was just what we expected so we enjoyed ourselves.  We had a full and busy day.  And we enjoyed every minute.

No comments: