Monday, July 3, 2023

July 3, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Cold Rain.

 This happened twice to me, something that I had seen before.  While sitting in the living room, I looked out the windows and saw only fog.  No ocean, no trees.  Just fog.  Then it started to rain, coming down in torrents.  While I looked, the fog disappeared.  I could see the trees  clearly on the other side of the guest house.  I could see the ocean and I could see the horizon, clear as a bell.

As I continue to watch, the rain slowed down and soon the fog came back.  First I lost the horizon and next the ocean and finally the trees.  The same thing occurred late in the afternoon.  First fog, followed by the heavy rain and finally no fog at all.  Then  the fog was soon back.

When Chris came in  from his day of exploring, he told that the rain was the coldest rain he had ever felt.  When walking from the truck to Canadian Tire, he got drenched by very cold and very heavy rain..  I suspect that the cold rain had something to do with dissipating the fog.  I had never seen this happen before.  Fascinating to watch, fortunately from the comfort of my cosy living room.  

No comments: