Monday, July 31, 2023

July 31, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Sandra S.

 Sandra has been a good friend from the early years in Liverpool.  My friends Wendy and Clausen were going to look at Sandra and Bob's dining table.  The table was made from old pieces of wood and was built by a carpenter who lived on the French shore.  Brian, their builder suggested that they would like it.  Sandra and Bob kindly invited them over.  I just went along for the ride along with my friend Alice Anne, who was visiting me from Texas.

The minute we walked in the door I was impressed.  They had wonderful antique furniture.  When I admired the 13 matching very old chairs, they asked if I wanted to see all their furniture.  We have been fast friends ever since.  Now both Sandra and I are widows.  Bob died a few years before Ken.  Sandra and I get together several times each season.  Today was our first luncheon date.

First I had company.  Then Sandra visited her daughter outside Halifax.  Then I had company.  And finally we got together.  We had a good time.  We ate at Lanes Privateer Inn.  The food was good and the conversation even better.  Sandra moved into town a few years before Bob died so she can walk everywhere in town.  I always enjoy being with Sandra.  She is a good friend here in Nova Scotia.  

No comments: