Friday, July 14, 2023

July 14, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Fund Raiser.

 Last Saturday, Gill picked me up.  The Garden Club and the Mersey Band held a  tea party to raise money to send the young people to band camp this summer.  The Garden Club sold plants.  The band members, wearing uniforms, served tea , little sandwiches and sweet goods.  The event was held in the basement of the Anglican Church.

When Gill and I arrived the hall was full, which we thought was a good sign.  So we paid our entrance fee plus a bit of a donation, and looked for a seat.  On the way in we talked to several people we had not seen that season, which was good.  So not only were we supporting the band but in addition we got in a bit of neighborly greetings.  The tea was good., served in fancy china cups and saucers.  And we were served little chicken salad sandwiches, which of course I could not eat.  The sweets were all cooked at home and looked delicious.  Again, I do not eat sugar but Gill enjoyed both.

I do not know how much money was raised at the Tea but it took a whole host of volunteers to put the whole thing together.  Gill and I enjoyed the event.  Now I want to know how much they earn for all those hours of work.  It was impressive to watch.  And all I did was to give them some money.  Interesting.

No comments: