Sunday, July 30, 2023

July 30, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Water Lilies.

Once upon a time, we had beautiful lilies in our pond.  But after Ken died, I asked Ivan from the Garden Shop to clean our the pond.  He reluctantly did.  But he knew nothing about ponds and he thought the lilies were dead.  In mater of fact, they were dormant.  They came back every year.  And they were beautiful.  But now I have no lilies.  He threw them away.

David noticed a picture full of lillies at Green Bay, near Petite Riviera, so he chatted with the lady on line and she offered me a lily or two.  So today, David along with Gloria, Gary and I went to retrieve a lily.  We drove along the shore.  We expected to get a lily and leave but the lady of the pond turned it into a party.  We sat outside and drank tea and talked with her.  She has only lived in her property for less than 3 years.  But she and her husband are retired from Ontario and live there full time.  And she has turned her property into a wildlife resort and B&B.

We enjoyed our visit of 90 minutes.  She clearly is in love with her home and location.  And I now have a water lily in my pond.  Now I hope it takes root.

No comments: