Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 23, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Friends Who Help.

 When the power was out, friends rallied to my assistance.  We lost power plus all other systems for two hours in the afternoon on Friday.  Fortunately, I went upstairs early because the storm was still raging I felt that the power might go out at any time.  No systems were working.  When I was texting on my phone, the power went out so my bedroom was black.  Fortunately I had already moved the big flashlight to my walker so I was OK.  I had already taken my meds.  So I went to bed.  And I stayed there.

Friend David came to check on my Saturday mid morning.  He checked my glucose level.  And he brought me up breakfast to my bedroom.  Soon, Connie and the two boys came to check on my.  And they visited me in the bedroom too.  David left when Gill came up too.  So we had a mini party.  They all left eventually in search of coffee.  Eventually I went downstairs when the power came on and I had a cup of tea.

Later in the afternoon David came back to check on me and heated my dinner.  Then he stopped by Mike S. down the road to see if he would repair my driveway.  And he did.  David helped and now my drive way was repaired.  This morning friend Mary M. came to check my glucose level.  And in the afternoon Gill walked over to see if I needed help.  So my friends looked after me during the storm.  I am fortunate to have such good friends.

No comments: