Sunday, July 16, 2023

July 16, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Comedy of Errors.

 I should stay out of the kitchen.  I am hopeless.  But Anna had left for the day and when dinner time approached I was feeling queasy  and I felt the need of a cup of warm chicken broth.  I had a shot on Tuesday afternoon which brings bunches of side effects.  I could not find any broth in the pantry so called Anna.  Sure enough she told me where to find it.  And I brought the box to the shove.    But then I started to have trouble.

I could not turn on the microwave.  The only thing I could do was to turn on the fan.  And then I could not turn it off.  Finally, after pushing all the buttons I gave up and went into the living room to find my reading glasses.  All the while the fan was running at top speed and driving me nuts.  Eventually I found the 30 second button.  And I turned off the fan.  But it must have taken me almost 30 minutes to get my cup of warm chicken broth.    Someone watching me would have thought that I just stepped into the modern world.  That microwave came close to defeating me.  

I was so pleased with myself that I drank 2 cups of warm chicken broth.  I finally mastered the microwave.  Whoopee!!.

No comments: