Friday, September 1, 2023

September 1, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Sound of the Sea.

 The sight of the Ocean is endlessly interesting.  Every day is different.  But the sound of the sea is also different.  What I sound from my bedroom is not the same every evening.  I had not thought much about it until the last few evening.    Right now, I can hear the motion of the sea although in the pitch black evening I can not see the bay.  If I listen carefully, I can hear the waves lapping onto the shore.  

But Wednesday  evening at the same time told me a different story.  The waves were crashing into the shore and I wondered if the rock wall would survive.  The noise was ferocious and I knew that the surfers would arrive.  And they did and surfed all day.

Then last evening I could still hear the waves breaking on the shore.  But there was not much wind so I knew the ocean would be calmer today, which it did.  The waves were still pouring in but only half as high.  And not nearly as noisy.  Today, 4 surfers were back having a go at the surf but it was not nearly as exciting.    The noise will also decrease once again.  The sound of the sea is infinitely different and equally beautiful.  The sound of the sea is one of the charms of living by the sea.

No comments: