Wednesday, September 20, 2023

September 20, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Carolyn,

 Mr friend Carolyn have come to visit me in Nova Scotia.  I have not seen her since our 55th Anniversary celebration, which was held at the ranch in Texas in 2013.  We were delighted to see each other.  And we have been talking ever since.  Carolyn and I became friends in Galveston in 1964.  She married Tom shortly after and when he completed his PhD. at the U. of Houston, they shortly moved to Hamptden Sydney University in Farmvilly, Virginia, where Tom taught at the University.  Tom died in the Fall of 2022 so this is her first venture after Tom's death.

We moves to Maryland in 1970, which is not far from Farmville so we visited back and forth many times. I always wonder how we stay friends for many years and why friends drift away.  But Ken and I and Carolyn and Tom have been fast friends ever since.  Now we are having a wonderful time, along with Pat & Mal who are staying in the guest House.  We eat dinner every evening and today we all four went to White Point for lunch.  Tomorrow we will drive to The Osprey Nest in Petite Riveriere.  We will drive along the shore.  And we will have a good time.  I am pleased to have Carolyn visit me here in Western Head.

No comments: