Sunday, September 10, 2023

September 10, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Nightshirt.

I found my nightshirt in my drawer.  It is actually a men's undershirt with a V neck.  It is big. 5X.  Once upon a time it belonged to Ken but I stole it.  And promptly forgot.  It has been sitting in my drawer ever since.   Yesterday I found it.  And I remembered the last time I wore it.

Ken and I were at Corn Island, some time in the 1990's.  The place was primitive.  And hot.  The ac worked a few hours every day and sometimes the water did not work.  So to stay cool, I wore Ken's big shirt.  For three days I wore the same shirt.  Ken and I set out to walk around the whole island.  Half way around we were thirsty so found a hut with a cocoa cola sign.  While we drank, I noticed a lady doing laundry and I waved her over to see if she would wash my shirt.  Of course, she spoke no English and I spoke no Spanish.  But we managed.  

No one else was under the little hut so I gave her my shorts and shirt and Ken gave her his shirt and she left to wash our clothes, leaving me sitting in my underwear.  And we finished our drink.  I hollered to the lady to return our still wet clothes and we paid her and left to continue our walk, but now with clean but damp clothes, which helped us to stay cool.

And that was the last time I remembered seeing that big soft shirt.  I still like that shirt.  Now that I have discovered that shirt I will wear it more often.  Pretty good find.

No comments: