Saturday, September 2, 2023

September 2, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. September.

 No question about it.  September is a beautiful month.  This is especially so here in Nova Scotia.  The weather is still great with lots of sun.  And very few days of rain.  Daytimes are warm but the nights begin to get chilly.  But then I begin to see the summer will soon be over and then I get nostalgia.

One thing I miss about the Fall is the colors of the leaves.  I miss them totally.  I really miss  the leaves in Ontario and Maryland and of course the farm in Pennsylvania.  For that I must return to my memory bank in my brain.  I leave Nova Scotia before the leaves turn colors.  And the colors in Mississippi are muted.  My Mississippi friends often comment on the beauty of the turning leaves in Mississippi.  But I am merely polite.  I really want to see the yellows, oranges and reds of the leaves in Maryland and Ontario.

Perhaps the whole month of September is an exercise of nostalgia.  Schools beginning.  Leaves turning.  The end of summer.  But I do love September And to celebrate I am going for brunch at Lanes with my friends.  It is a perfect excuse.

No comments: