Tuesday, September 19, 2023

September19, , 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Tommy Le Grow.

My friend Tome has gone to heaven.  I will miss him.  He led a full and active life.  And a successful life too.  His wife Joyce and I took all our swimming credentials together and we have all been friends since our youth.  Tom was a man of many parts.  He was a superior athlete.  And he played tenor horn in the Salvation Army bands.  His last affiliation was with the Heritage band.  He loved playing in the band  over the years.

He was a salesman too and a successful one too, supporting his five children all those years.  When he retired Tommy and Joyve moved full time at their cottage just outside Peterborough.  They both loved living on the lake.  His best for life was high and I will miss his enthusiastic attitude.

The last time I saw him was when they visited us in Nova Scotia in 2018 , shortly after their house burned.  But they rebuilt and have lived there ever since.     This is another one of my buddies from my youth., which by now is few in number.  Tommy will RIP.

No comments: